CareersWork with the IceCaps
When you hear the word “net” do you think goals before fishing? Do you refer to winter as hockey season and summer as that time spent waiting for hockey season? Do you keep a pair of skates and a stick in your vehicle so you’ll always have them?
The only question left to ask, then, is why haven’t you already applied to work with the IceCaps?
COMMUNICATIONS INTERN - 2014-15 Season
Closing Date: September 10, 2014
Reporting to the Communications Director, the successful candidates will be responsible for various game day duties.
- Provide support for communications department in organizing press materials
- Printing press passes
- Printing game notes
- Printing game programs
- Press box runner (e.g. printing and delivering game sheets, printing time-on-ice)
- Set up of press box area (e.g. tidying the area, updating the standing board, set up game notes, ensure internet is functioning, setup of laptops for off-ice officials)
- Other duties as assigned
ICECAPS BOOSTER CLUB
The St. John’s IceCaps Booster Club is a group that assists in the development and execution of many fun-filled events for the IceCaps all year long. These individuals are the team behind the team, the unsung heroes who play a key role on game days, whether they are selling chuck-a-pucks, handing out promotional items or interacting with fans at a kiosk on the concourse. Other duties may include setting up promotional items on seats prior to a game, helping out at large community events, or lending a hand at tailgate parties.
If you want to volunteer your time, we will put your efforts to good use! Volunteer hours consist of weekdays and weekends (both during the mornings and afternoons), as well as holidays.
If you are interested in becoming part of the IceCaps Booster Club, please send an email to email@example.com that includes the following:
- Mailing address
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- List of any previous volunteer experience
- A short blurb explaining why you would love to join the IceCaps Booster Club
Volunteering can be an exciting, enjoyable and self-fulfilling experience. So, if you want to have a fun-filled year helping out your St. John’s IceCaps, please apply now!