CareersWork with the IceCaps
When you hear the word “net” do you think goals before fishing? Do you refer to winter as hockey season and summer as that time spent waiting for hockey season? Do you keep a pair of skates and a stick in your vehicle so you’ll always have them?
The only question left to ask, then, is why haven’t you already applied to work with the IceCaps?
Game Operations Intern – Winter 2015
The St. John’s IceCaps, the American Hockey League affiliate to the Winnipeg Jets, are currently accepting applications for the 2014-2015 season. Candidates have the opportunity to receive credit for their learning experience and/or monetary compensation. The internship will take place at the IceCaps office and Mile One Centre in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
As a valuable member of the St. John’s IceCaps, you will gain knowledge about the inner workings of a professional sports franchise, assisting with live entertainment and promotional elements during all IceCaps home games. This position requires someone who is extremely organized, can stay on task in a fast-paced, often stressful live entertainment environment and is able to troubleshoot potential issues, effectively and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare game day materials (promotional contestant forms and waivers, prizing elements, intermission diagrams, game day memos, Zamboni riders, etc.).
- Contribute to giveaways, intermission events, player appearances, fan involvement, and any event that is executed before, during, after home games.
- Serve as a liaison with local hockey organizations and corporate sponsors for promotional activities and elements.
- Perform detailed research on in-game entertainment, assisting with promotions, event execution and sponsorship fulfillment.
- Manage all game day inventory (prizing, props, equipment, etc.), ensuring all items have been accounted for and properly stored.
- Conduct sound check/run-through with live entertainment (anthem singers, bands, colour guards, etc.).
Other duties as assigned.
COMMUNICATIONS INTERN - 2014-15 Season
Closing Date: September 10, 2014
Reporting to the Communications Director, the successful candidates will be responsible for various game day duties.
- Provide support for communications department in organizing press materials
- Printing press passes
- Printing game notes
- Printing game programs
- Press box runner (e.g. printing and delivering game sheets, printing time-on-ice)
- Set up of press box area (e.g. tidying the area, updating the standing board, set up game notes, ensure internet is functioning, setup of laptops for off-ice officials)
- Other duties as assigned
ICECAPS BOOSTER CLUB
The St. John’s IceCaps Booster Club is a group that assists in the development and execution of many fun-filled events for the IceCaps all year long. These individuals are the team behind the team, the unsung heroes who play a key role on game days, whether they are selling chuck-a-pucks, handing out promotional items or interacting with fans at a kiosk on the concourse. Other duties may include setting up promotional items on seats prior to a game, helping out at large community events, or lending a hand at tailgate parties.
If you want to volunteer your time, we will put your efforts to good use! Volunteer hours consist of weekdays and weekends (both during the mornings and afternoons), as well as holidays.
If you are interested in becoming part of the IceCaps Booster Club, please send an email to email@example.com that includes the following:
- Mailing address
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- List of any previous volunteer experience
- A short blurb explaining why you would love to join the IceCaps Booster Club
Volunteering can be an exciting, enjoyable and self-fulfilling experience. So, if you want to have a fun-filled year helping out your St. John’s IceCaps, please apply now!