St. John’s IceCaps Chase the Ace – Rules & Regulations
- To participate, you purchase tickets from either of the two designated concourse tables at Mile One Centre during a St. John’s IceCaps game. Tickets will only be sold at Mile One Centre on the date of the draw from the time of the doors opening, until the end of the first intermission.
- Tickets will be sold at a cost of 3 for $5. No other alternatives will be accepted.
- Prize Structure: 50% of the ticket sales from that days event will go to IceCaps Care Foundation; the remaining 50% will be divided amongst the ticket holder and the prize pool in a 20/30 split respectively – 20% to the ticket holder, and 30% into the prize pool.
- When the winning ticket is drawn, the holder will then cut the deck / draw from the deck. If the “Ace of Spades” card is drawn the winner receives the remaining amount in the Prize Pool. If the “Ace of Spades” card is not drawn, the amount in the prize pool carries forward to the next draw.
- Operational Information: During a timeout in the third period, a member of the game crew will escort the winner to a designated area for the card draw timeout. The IceCaps host will announce the winners name and explain the rule while on camera. The winner will then cut the deck and reveal their card of choice. Should the winners choice not be the “Ace of Spades”, the remaining deck of cards will then be flipped over to show that the “Ace of Spades” card is in the deck. Once a card is drawn from the deck, it will be destroyed. The deck will be secured – locked up in a safe on site for the next event.
- Ticket sales will occur from the time the doors open until the end of the first intermission. The draw will take place in the second period for the winning ticket holder, and the physical card draw will take place during the third period in-game. Players must be in attendance to participate. The winning number will be announced verbally and displayed visually in the second period. The winning ticket number will be called a minimum of 3 times during a 15 minute time frame. If the winner does not come forward during that fifteen minute time frame, another ticket will be drawn immediately and announced in the same fashion, thereby voiding the previous ticket number.
- Once the “Ace of Spades” card is revealed, the game and Licence is concluded. The licence number cannot be used for a second event.
- Should the “Ace of Spades” remain in the deck at the end of the 2016-17 Regular Season, events will continue once a week at a location to be determined, until the ace of spades is revealed.
- For further information on the St. John’s IceCaps Chase the Ace activation, please contact Samantha Phelan at 709-576-5801 or contact the Lottery Licence Division – toll free at 1-877-968-2600 or 709-729-2660.